Partner with an Experienced Slip and Fall Lawyer in Washington, DC Metro Region
A slip and fall lawyer can represent you if you were injured due to unsafe conditions on a private or public property. In order to make a premises liability claim, the following must be true:
- The guest was on the property legally
- The property owner was aware or reasonably should have been aware of the hazard
- The property owner negligently failed to remove the hazard or provide adequate warnings
- The hazard directly caused a guest to be seriously injured
What is Premises Liability?
When you legally enter a property, whether it be a private residence or a public property such as a retail store, you have the right to assume that the property is reasonably safe. Property owners are legally responsible for maintaining safe conditions on their premises and addressing safety hazards appropriately. When they fail to uphold this duty, people can get seriously injured. This is the basis for any premises liability claim.
While premises liability attorneys are often referred to as “slip and fall” attorneys, there are many types of injuries beyond slips that can constitute a premises liability claim. Premises liability injuries can be caused by a number of unsafe conditions, including:
- Wet floors with no warning signage
- Dangerous construction zones with no warning signage
- Cracked/broken flooring that causes someone to trip
- Poor lighting and/or lack of handrails in stairwells
- Improper maintenance of snow and ice on walkways
- Broken elevators/escalators
- Inadequate security that leads to assault
- Falling objects from high shelves/ceiling
- + More
Schedule Your Consultation and Discuss Your Case with a Qualified Premises Liability Attorney Today
If you or a loved one has been injured due to a property owner’s negligence, discuss your case with a slip and fall lawyer at Obineche Law Firm, LLC today. We’d be happy to assess the facts of your case and advise you on how to proceed. Just call (301) 479-1222 or fill out our online contact form in order to schedule your free initial consultation. We proudly represent clients in the Greenbelt, MD and Washington, D.C. areas.
When you or someone you love is seriously injured in a motor vehicle accident, contact Obineche Law Firm, LLC to discuss your case with a qualified car accident attorney.
If a loved one was fatally injured by the negligent or reckless actions of another party, call Obineche Law Firm, LLC and discuss your case with an experienced wrongful death attorney today.
Patients expect their healthcare providers to follow proper procedure and uphold a high standard of care. In most cases, healthcare professionals work hard and do a wonderful job caring for their patients.